Monday, July 23, 2012

Mexico city : impact on my health

Mexico city : one of the most polluted city of the planet and combined to the high altitude (above 2200m) those factors had the following side effects on me :

  • Nose (slightly) bleeding (that never happens to me)
  • Headache in the evening (ditto)
  • Bronchial irritation (e.g. I cough)
  • Shortness of breath
The main cause of the last symptom is due to stairs + carrying beer.

Stairs
The damn stairs
After 4 days, the breathing and headache problems are almost solved.

I hadn't any stomach related problems, thanks to the advices given by Lorely :

  • don't drink tap water (drink beer !)
  • vegetable must be carefully washed using a special disinfectant
  • don't eat or drink anything sold in the street.
I think that an heavy rain helps : today for the first time in 4 days I could see the mountains surrounding the city, and I almost didn't cough.



No comments:

Post a Comment